Monday, August 02, 2010

Anxiety & Trust.

33 days until Alba! Yikes!

I'm getting super nervous, I'll admit. There's definitely excitement as well, but I guess what I'm nervous about is the people. I don't really know anybody on the trip, and since we'll be pretty much the primary people we hang out with for those 3 1/2 months, I'm really hoping I'll make some good friends, or else it's going to be pretty lonely. 

I started to let my worry build up to the point where I started freaking myself out thinking about the worst case scenario, so at that point I just reminded myself that I just need to trust that God will take care of me. I took to my bible and looked up trust in the index to find a verse that I could use to calm myself.. most didn't apply, but Matthew 6:34 says

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Kirsten also referred me to Jeremiah 29:11, which I've seen many times before, but it was good to be reminded of:

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

So I just have to take things one day at a time, and not worry so much about what I don't really have control over. Times like this always make me think back to Pastor Dooley's sermon at one of the services I went to at LBC where he said something like 80% of the time, people worry about things that they don't have control over, so what's the point? My boyfriend always shakes his head when I get into worry fits like this; all this energy spent worrying amounting to nothing, because things usually turn out just fine. Maybe this time I can try worrying a little less and just enjoying my life's blessings one day at a time, taking any obstacles that may come my way in stride. Here's hoping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment