Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Week 3

So it's only Wednesday, mid-Week 3, but I feel like I can already say that this week has gone by pretty fast. Tomorrow is Thursday, which starts the weekend! Unfortunately this particular weekend isn't  starting until sometime between 7 & 8pm tomorrow night, but I can tell you right now that it's going to be one heck of a weekend :]

Today and tomorrow's schedule involves the Summer School in Cuneo, which I talked about in an earlier blog. All I'm going to say is that it was looooong. This was the thing that we had a 3 hour "introduction" for last week. So. Right now what stands between me and the weekend is a 1 hour bus ride, 3 hours of lecture/debate about religion/politics/human rights, 2.5-3 hours of lunch/exploring Cuneo, another 3 hours of lecture/debate about religion/politics/human rights, another 1 hour bus ride, and then 1-1.5 hours of getting dinner & making any final last-minute preparations.

Then it's off to Naples!

I'll be joining Chelsea, Cathlin, Korinne, Laura B., and Julianna on this weekend trip starting from Thursday (tomorrow) night until Monday morning. We definitely want to visit Pompeii and would like to go to Capri as well. I'm so excited!! This is my first real trip during my semester abroad, and it should be loads of fun. These (+ Flora) are the girls that went to Cinque Terre last weekend, so they have a bit of a handle on how the transportation (bus + trains) & hostel stuff works, which is good, so hopefully everything will go smoothly.

Surprisingly, upcoming weekend schedules are already filling up, too! I didn't realize it until Chelsea pointed it out yesterday. Here's what the next month and a half or so is looking like:

Weekend of...
Sept 24 (this weekend): Naples
Oct 3: Donkey Race (This is going to be awesome.. more blogging on that later :P)
Oct 10: possibly Florence
Oct 17: Cinque Terre, since the girls that went raved and said this was a must-go
Oct 24: Rome w/ Chelsea to meet up with her parentals who will be visiting :]
Oct 29 - Nov 7: Fall Break! I'm hoping to have a visitor or two.. no certainties about that yet, but I can dream! :)

After that, there are only 5 more weekends left before we leave Italia and wrap up the semester! Other places on the travel list include Venice, Pisa, shopping in Milan, and it would be pretty neat to go to other countries, too, like France or Spain. We'll see, we'll see! 

Note: This semester still doesn't feel like a study abroad program. Aren't I still on vacation? If only, haha. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment