Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ferrero!

So, for today, our Alba Academic Calendar says "Sept 21: Seminar on Beppe Fenoglio at Fondazione Ferrero, 09:00 - 12:30." All I took from that was the word FERRERO, which then translated to CHOCOLATE :D

Unfortunately, as we were notified yesterday, this did not mean we were going to the Ferrero chocolate factory. Lame, lame.


So this morning we trudged past the chocolate factory with the scent of baking chocolate floating in the slight breeze, teasing our noses and appetites, and went to the Fondazione Ferrero, or the Ferrero Foundation, one building over. They told us that the Ferrero Foundation supports the elderly that worked at the Ferrero factory for at least 25 years, but it is also open to the community. We were there to learn about Beppe Fenoglio, an Italian writer, and we watched a movie called Il partigiano Johnny (Johnny the Partisan), which was really long, but not the worst thing in the world to sit through.

Thankfully, we got an "intermission" a little more than halfway through the movie, and they had drinks & snacks for us! There was one box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates (some of my favorite chocolates ever!) and then two boxes of Kinder Bueno, which I've never had before, but they were gooood. They were kind of like Kit Kats meets Twix filled with love and amazingness (according to Craig :P). They were quite delicious. Two whole boxes of those, and they didn't all disappear at once surprisingly, sooo I kept stashing one or two away the longer they sat there. :P Let it be noted, though, that I did not take the last one. James picked up the last two and I think gave one to Elizabeth and the other to me. Sooo that's how I ended up with five Kinder Buenos and one pack of Ferrero Rochers. :) They also had extra bottles of EstaThe, which was sort of a peach tea (sooo good), so when Dan said we could take them if we wanted some, I naturally helped myself. :P

I looove me some free stuff :]

No comments:

Post a Comment