Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shopping at the Market!

So this morning was the Saturday market again, and I was pretty excited for it now that I had an idea of what was out there and what the prices are like from last week. I left the house around 9am and backtracked a little bit to get to the end of the stalls on Via Maestra, and I didn't even make it to the end of this main street before I had to come back to the apartment to drop off all the stuff I had bought!

I haven't been in too much of a shopping mood in the last two weeks or so that I've been here, but it must've hit me this morning, because I found quite a bit. I came across several 5 euro racks of clothing, which is definitely reasonable compared to other prices. All in all, I spent 88.08 euro today.. quite a bit, I know, definitely the most I've ever spent in one outing so far here, but it was just as if I went to the mall, haha. My loot included two scarves, two cute floral dresses, a shirt for Mom (you have to wait to see it til December, Mom! I hope you like it :] ), a sweater dress with a belt, a long black cardigan, and a pair of pretty comfy & cute grey boots. I also finally wandered around the food section of the market, where I got four peaches for 0.50 eurocents, as well as a small rotisserie chicken and french fries for just 6.08 euro! I had some of that for lunch, shared some with Charlotte, and there's still plenty more for another meal (most likely dinner tonight).

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment