Saturday, September 11, 2010

Picture Post: Langhe Tour (from Sept 9)

Some highlights from the tour we took of Langhe the other day, the hilly region surrounding Alba. We went to three or four towns (well, technically we only passed through Barolo): La Morra, Barolo, Monforte, & Grinzane Cavour. It was an absolutely perfect day - the sun was shining, the sky was a brilliant blue, slight breeze, and all around climate perfection to accompany the majestic views.

Since I don't have a panoramic feature on my camera, I use burst mode to take multiple pictures, which I then stitch together on the computer for a makeshift panoramic shot. You can see the lines from each picture and it doesn't all line up perfectly, but it can still give you an idea of what the view was like :)
Happy old man with his happy dog that he let us play with :)
We hung out here for probably an hour or so, b/c it was quite the hike to get up there, and it was so beautiful and relaxing :)
I'm a big fan of taking pictures of colorful flowers. This was one of my favorites, I just really like the yellow against the blue building :)
Korinne, Ally, Flora, Sasha, Chelsea, Laura B., and me at a vineyard in Grinzane Cavour
Andrew L., Nick, and Andrew S. with the grapes
Me with some of the view (Thanks to Sasha for taking this cute pic! :] )
I love love love all of the colors that I can always see around me - blue skies, red rooftops, and green hills.. I feel that it's definitely part of Italy's charm and beauty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment