Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 13 — A fictional book

Yesterday, I finished my first book of the summer: The Lucky One, by Nicholas Sparks. I love his books, and I am slowly but surely making my way through reading all of them. :) While The Lucky One was pretty good and definitely had me on the edge of my seat (I read probably somewhere between 1/2 to 2/3 of it yesterday in one sitting until I finished it), had me laughing out loud, and reading as fast as I could to find out if one of the characters died only to be relieved that he was okay.. The Guardian is definitely still my favorite out of the Nicholas Sparks books I've read so far.

This one so far I have found the most memorable and the most touching. It would have been even more so if someone hadn't spoiled it for me when I was reading it for the first time in high school... I remember standing outside the school one morning leaning against the brick wall waiting for them to let us inside at like 750am or whatever, and one of my classmates comes up to me and is like "Isn't that the one where this happens?" I'm not going to spoil it for those of you that haven't read it, but I obviously hadn't read up to that part yet. But yes, this is the one where that happens. I don't know if I would've seen it coming anyway if he hadn't spoiled it, but still. I was pretty peeved.

Nevertheless, this is still an amazing book and if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it :)

I love reading. I've always been a bookworm, and I'm so glad now that it's summer because that means I'll probably actually get to do more leisure reading. I already have two other Nicholas Sparks books borrowed from the library, I have a book by Sarah Dessen that I bought months back but haven't managed to crack open, I still need to read Dan Brown's latest book, and I'm still in the middle of the Left Behind series. I actually have a Books to Read file on my computer so I can make note of books I've seen that sound interesting, and if ever I'm actually unsure of what to read next, I can consult my list. I'm a big fan of lists ;P

I love getting lost in a good book, and the books are pretty much definitely always better than the movies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment