Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Candlelight.

Tonight, I went to the candlelight vigil for Taylor Hubbard at Great Mills High School. It was truly amazing. It was simply and beautifully done. So many people, each with their own candle, in my opinion representing the light that Taylor was in their life. Even though I didn't know him well at all, I considered him a friend and it was great hearing all the stories and memories that his closer friends shared. I shed a good many tears, and my heart went out to all of those that were fortunate enough to be close to Taylor. It broke my heart when his dad went up at the end, holding his mom close, the both of them trembling, voice breaking, thanking everyone for being there. I continue to pray for Taylor's family and friends. Although he is in a better place now, it is still hard to see someone so special go.

It certainly was sad, but I felt that as memory after fond memory was shared, the night took on a more joyous note. Yes, we mourn Taylor's death, but moreso we celebrate his life and rejoice in the joy and love he spread to each and every one of the many people he met during his lifetime. My feeling at the end of the two hours tonight was that Taylor's light that we are familiar with is still shining as bright as ever.

It is not up to us to understand God's plans; we must simply trust in them and trust in Him. I like to think that maybe the Lord has plans for Taylor that are bigger even than anything he could have done here on earth.

(Proverbs 3:5) Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;
(Jeremiah 29:11) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment