Sunday, May 02, 2010

Day 06 — Whatever tickles your fancy

Confidence.

I have a good number of friends and people that I admire because of this quality. I want to have more of it. I want to not care so much about what everyone else thinks of me, and just do what I do because I want to, and I love to, and it feels right. I'm inspired by the confidence, strength, faith, and utter joy that I see in other people in the way they live their lives.

This applies to some little things, like how I dress (I want to be more fashionable and stylish and be bolder in my look; not radical or anything, but I want to be able to wear something that I think is cute and not care so much whether my opinion is shared with anybody else)  or the way I act (sometimes I want to just go crazy and have fun even if I look like a fool. My sister is the one who has seen the goofiest, silliest, most retarded side of me, and that is because she is my little sister; I know she looks up to me and won't judge me. Even around my closest friends, I kind of limit my craziness because I'm self-conscious and I always try to make sure I look 'cute').

It also applies to bigger things, like my faith. I'm still trying to build up a strong relationship with Christ, but first I have to be sure on my basic core beliefs. My brain knows what I need to believe and what I need to do, but it hasn't quite reached my heart. I want to have the kind of faith that I see in some people around me. I want to see God in every aspect of my life, and I want to be able to share that joy with the whole world the way other people's faith inspires me.

Really, it just applies to my whole life in general. I want to be an independent, strong, confident woman. I've been learning a lot about myself and who I want to and am supposed to be, but I'm still heavily influenced by the people around me and their opinions. I want to just be me, and be confident in the way I live my life, my opinions, and pretty much just be sure of myself.

3 comments:

  1. Angela, you are absolutely incredible. I think that you are gorgeous and quirky and it's so fantastic.

    I think everyone struggles with confidence. We just have to trust in God that everything works out. Cause it usually does :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you Lydia :) True story that God is in control, and He'll take care of us. I'm just working on giving Him my trust completely, it's kind of hard to let go of that feeling of wanting to take everything into my own hands, you know?

    P.S. You're one of the people I was talking about that inspire me with your strong faith and incredibly positive outlook on life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks :)

    I try my best, but some days are harder to get through then others.

    Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete