Friday, November 26, 2010

Holiday cheer..

The Christmas lights they've been putting up in the Alba streets are finally lit!



How joyous! They're so very pretty, these pictures of course can't really capture them. Christmas music has also already started playing on my classmates' computers and plans are being made to watch Christmas movies during free time, but I think I'm going to wait to get into full-on Christmas mode until my paper is done; if I don't, then playing all that Christmas music will make me think about being home for the holidays, and so I'll have hardly any motivation to actually work because I'll want to be home already! Plus, Thanksgiving is technically not over here yet..

Tomorrow night, all of us in the program are throwing our own Thanksgiving feast, potluck style! The boys found an 18-lb turkey at the grocery store (I think the butcher thought they were insane for wanting the entire thing) and the girls are making quite the assortment of dishes: various casseroles of sorts, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cream of tomato soup, mulled wine, eggnog.. With some 21 or 22 people expected to be dining in the one apartment with an oven, it should make for an interesting night. We're all pretty excited for it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment