Friday, November 12, 2010

Epic YT Instrument Battle

Okay, so this has absolutely nothing to do with my travels in Italy, but this is still my personal blog and I'm allowed to feel inclined to post neat things I find on the internet in lieu of actually being productive (in my defense on that note though, I did start my seminar excursions paper, make a cover page for my Music final paper, I have a Firefox window open with a number of tabs of potential research for that paper, and I changed/washed my sheets. So I haven't been entirely unproductive...). :)

First, here is an awesome video I found yesterday after following a rabbit trail of Glee-related videos:


His name is Sam Tsui, & I've watched some other songs this guy has covered, but I haven't checked out his stuff in a while. This one is amazing & I love that there's a free mp3 download of it :D I went & checked out the guy's YouTube channel, and it's actually his friend Kurt Schneider who is apparently an aspiring music producer and director, and they're both really talented.

What follows is the next rabbit trail I went down. Apparently Kurt's friend said no song could be played on a recorder, so he proved him wrong by playing Justin Bieber's "Baby" on a recorder, and then challenging Jake, and it's just gone on since then.. These guys have a lot of talent, creativity, and free time, apparently :P


Kurt: "Baby" - Justin Bieber on Recorder


Jake: "Telephone" - Lady GaGa on Glockenspiel


Kurt: "Moonlight Sonata" - Beethoven on Crockenspiel


Jake: "Beat It" - Michael Jackson on Gameboy Color


Kurt: "Zelda's Lullaby" on Ocarina


Jake: "Only Girl (In the World)" - Rihanna on Zither


Kurt: "Canon" - Pachelbel on Cell Phones

No comments:

Post a Comment